Sunday, April 6, 2014

But Then You Happened...

I used to sit in the park bench for a longer time…
Wait for the trains one after another…
Roam in the same street again and again…
Wondering if I could get in my life once again…
I failed everyday...
But then you happened…

Her image in my eyes hurt me more and more…
I hurt my heart with her memories day by day…
I wet my pillow with my tears night and night...
Thinking about her, I decayed with time…
Wondering if I could get over her ever in time…
I lost my hopes totally
But then you happened…

I remember the day you told me…
Lungs are so sweet… Please take care of it
And don’t spoil it with a toxic cigarette…
How much you used to care me...
You insisted, “A cigarette and a rose price the same
So, buy me a rose instead of buying you a cigarette
I will count the roses to know how much you love me…”
I used to feel my life is getting spoiled by fulfilling my own needs…
But then you happened…

Day by day I reduced a cigarette to buy you a red rose…
When your love showered my heart like a miraculous rain in deserts…
I reduced smoking to buy you basket of roses…
That day, when I quit smoking, I came with roses to see you…
Only to know that this girl with a beautiful heart,
Have cancer in her lungs…
Crying for you, I remembered the day I first met you…
How you came into my life was my beautiful love story…
It was one rainy day, escaping from the rain,
I moved to a bus stop and lighted a cigarette
A girl with bluest eyes asked me to put it offBur
It would have been just another normal day in my life
But then you happened…


Unable to buy you roses, which would count my infinite love…
I placed your grave in this beautiful rose garden I built for you…
This is my love story of how a girl
Protected my lungs only to damage my heart forever…
With your priceless memories, I could pass my time here in the garden...
But looking forward I feel, I couldn’t go on in my life…
But while looking back, I knew how I once foolishly felt the same
But then you happened…
#Krishnanena