Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy

 This novel is one of the cherished stories of my school days. My English mam explained each and every chapter with full demonstration dragging us to the scene. I could still remember the exact story line and some of the characters names. I slightly loved this novel during my school. As days went, after reading some other novels I could realise how wonderful this novel was. Set with a background of French Revolution, it gives the readers to guess some of the things, which were happened that period. Along with a beautiful love story, in which ego and pride occupies the major place, this novel is perfect page turner and avid readers will finish it in one sitting. The chaos existing in between the life of Lady Margerite and Percy Blackney in what way related to the French Revolution, what was their position in the revolution and how their life changes with time? These questions are beautifully conveyed in this novel with unexpected twists. This novel is surely a good read for readers who much wanted to be entertained.
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy